Thursday, November 28, 2019

(me, John Paul, and Joel)

Happy Thanksgiving, folks! Sorry I've been so absent here lately. 

College eats time, much more than I thought it would. It eats sleep too. And what ended up being sacrificed was my blog. I'll still keep it up, and post occasionally. I hope you enjoy reading what is here. 

I'm on break, as you can imagine. I got back right before the storm hit on Tuesday, and spent yesterday and today with family. Tomorrow and Saturday I work, Sunday I go to church (I get to see all "my" little kids ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I am so excited!), and then Monday, probably late morning, I'll head back to school. 

I brought back Thinking Theologically homework (unit 5 reading), art (painting and designing), and music fundamentals (identifying triads and sevenths and inverting them). So far pretty much everything is done, so now I have a bit of time before mixing up some food. 

Our trio had it's recital on Sunday. It went very well, and the audience has a collective opinion that we radiated energy. It is a relieving feeling to know that every spare waking minute doesn't have to be devoted to trio rehearsal, although I do highly enjoy time with them. Next Saturday we have our chamber orchestra concert, and then Sunday we're taking a trio trip to Rochester to see the symphony and choir perform Handel's Messiah. The 11th is the last day of class and Joel and I have juries and then the Razumovskys will be playing in a recital in the evening. Then, probably near first thing in the morning on the 12th, we will pack up our belongings (well, mostly just instruments and music), and head back to Joel's and my home orchestra for a concert later that evening. We may end up going right back to school that night, or we might spend the night. It all depends on finals, which start the 13th. Sophia will be coming back with us, and I am excited about that. She'll get a taste of my crazy college life, and be there for Friday, Saturday (a final, a Christmas brunch at church, a BHC rehearsal...), and Sunday. Sunday is the Blue Heron Consort (oops, you don't know about that yet. Sigh. John Paul and I got into a local choral music group, and our Medieval and Renaissance concert is the 15th). Monday I have three finals (I think). Tuesday Sophia will head home, and my parents will pick me up and we'll head to IL to see my Grandma! 

I actually won't be home on Christmas break until the 21st or so. I need to come up with a work schedule for break, and all that fun adulting stuff. 

How are my readers doing? 

Olivia


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!