Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Music Wednesday

(A pink flower family that grows in or near water. We thought it was Persicaria, but it might not be.)
Hello friends! As you can imagine, I've been listening to a lot of music recently, being at camp and all. One of the most popular composers at camp was Leopold Mozart. The staff picked many of his trios for us to play, and one thing we all noticed was that there are very few recordings of L.M's works. His style is closer to Bach's than his son's, naturally, but in my mind that would only be more attractive to listeners. Oh I am rambling aren't I?

What I've been listening to: Viola da Gamba One of the staff members at camp brought three Viola da Gambas with him, a real treat! They were so fun to play, and if I hadn't gotten sick on Thursday, I would have performed on one in the final concert. Oh well. Another trio did perform with them though! 

What I've been playing: Still working on Canon in D, and some Bach preludes. For piano, some Bach as well. 


What have you been listening to?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!