Thursday, September 28, 2017

How the Most Recent Wedding I Played for Went!

I played for my sixth wedding a few weekends ago, and it was surely a whirlwind! :) Weddings are always fun. This was my first one where I was hired with three friends to play as a quartet. Naturally then, I didn't know the bride. We played Canon in D (with me mentally screaming in the background the whole. time.), Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, and a few others. It was really fun, but of course tiring by the end of the day. We sort of ended badly with Jesu, but I don't really think people noticed. There's always something the musicians will notice and the others will never even think about. 

A fun note (ha!): All four of us in the quartet are going to compete against each other this coming spring in a concerto competition. . . so we had to work together this time instead of jumping ahead to the competing! 😉

Another short post, but a post, nonetheless. I have tons of practicing to do as well as school, chores, and a concert this weekend! I better get cracking on my mile-long list.......


6 comments:

  1. There's also the possibility You'll be competing against
    "Some random pianist". :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I think that's going to stick.

      https://ofdreamsandswords.wordpress.com

      Delete
    2. I hope you can come! And I don't think it was me who said that, was it?

      Delete
    3. Joel. Rehearsal night at dinner.

      https://ofdreamsandswords.wordpress.com

      Delete
  2. Well, like you said:
    (in the words of strider) "it may."

    Thanks! I'm looking forward to it.
    I think I'll be able to make it, Lord willing.
    (As long as I Practice! That is).

    No, I don't believe you were the one who said that.
    You could ask Sophia
    (who seems to remember every conversation) to be sure though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Do keep practicing. :)

      Sophia did comment again and say it was Joel who said so, but I haven't published that comment yet. . .

      Delete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!