Thursday, August 16, 2018

Goodbye work, hello school!


Yesterday was my last day of working at the bakery. In some ways I was sad to leave, but in other ways I am excited and relieved to be moving on. I learned a lot there, from kitchen skills to people and communication skills. I am welcome there whenever I want to put a few hours in, or come Christmas when the order sheet gets to be very long. So perhaps I will work there a few more days this year.

For now, I have about 11 days of resuming home life before I commute to the nearby (nearby as in an hour away) college for PSEO classes again this fall. It's looking like I'll have 12 credits. If I do well again this year I may, possibly, hopefully, make it on the Dean's List. That's being awfully optimistic, though. I'll be taking speech, economics, academic writing, orchestra, and piano and harpsichord. All the classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays, and orchestra is for sure on Tuesdays. Lessons will vary. Tuesdays will be looooong days, no doubt. I'm going to be working at getting better at note-taking in class --- so Wednesday morning when I go to do homework I remember what actually happened in class. Any tips on note-taking?

I'll technically be a senior in high school, which is a funny feeling. Senior pictures and recitals and all that are on my mind. . .


1 comment:

  1. Olivia,
    Can you believe we were together just last week? I miss all of you so much. I know you start school Tuesday, good luck to both you and Sophia. Enjoy your last weekend off.

    Love you,

    Gram

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!