Tuesday, December 31, 2019


Hello, friends, and goodbye 2019!!! 

    In the past I've written recap posts, where I share some stats and goals. I remembered while at work today that I'd better get to this year's post tonight. I hope it finds you well!
    
    Let's start with the stats. My top viewed post was I Went Outside to Gather, and my top month for views was May, with 635 views, which, if you break it down is 158 views a week or 22 views a day. 

In my last new year's post, I only had three goals. Keep working, go to college, and find new places to take music.

Did I keep working? Yup. And if you'd told me that I would be working at McDonald's I would have just snorted. It was and is a mental struggle to work there, and it is hard to force myself to go there and be nice to customers and to stand in puddles of grease all day. However, there is the bakery, which makes up with fun and happiness the cringe of McDonald's.  Hopefully I'll be able to quit McDonald's and only work at the bakery and the Beethoven Festival this summer. 

Did I go to college? YUP. And learned a lot, I would say, while managing to keep good grades and juggling all the rehearsals. 

Did I find new places to take my music? I think so. I ended up with Blue Heron, unexpectedly, and that took me some fun places. Our trio also put on a recital, which I wasn't planning on. So, yes, I think so. 

This year brought a lot of discipline and prioritization skills which I wasn't expecting, and a lot of stress, naturally, with going to college and all. It was a big year. I graduated high school, had a senior recital, went to camp, went to college, worked two jobs plus teaching, and somehow managed to stay coherent (mostly). We put down our "big" animals too. 

Now you might be wondering what my goals for 2020 are. I saw a neat idea about having 20 goals for 2020 but I'm not sure I have 20. 

I would like to. . .

. . . get through my freshman year with grades that are well-earned

. . . work at the Beethoven Festival

. . . quit at McDonald's.

. . . keep teaching over the summer

. . . make more time for friends at school

. . . remember more often that God is in control.

. . . keep a cheerful attitude. I realized a few weeks into school that most people (me included) only focus on the bad things. 

. . . take my Mom riding.

. . . enjoy my last year as a teen! :) 


Well, that's all for now! Happy 2020 everyone!


"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach my your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are my God and Saviour, and my hope is in you all day long." 
~Psalm 25:4-5


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!