Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Bonus post: A Stunning Ring Shot

     Today I was photographing all the flowers we have currently, and I grabbed a "subject" which happened to be a ring. Ring shots are quite tricky. You have to get the ring in focus, and not just the center stone, but the sides as well. Often my camera likes to focus on the thing the ring is lying on, or being propped up on, which makes the ring ever-so-slightly out of focus, which is extremely annoying. It's just ever-so-slight that I can't tell until after the fact. But today I got a good one, with good colors even! These daffodils are white and pink or coral, and the trumpet is ombre when they first open, and by the time they're done blooming the whole trumpet is the pink shade. It is a fun transformation to watch.

8 comments:

  1. Capitals! genus invention really. (not so helpful when you forget them though)
    You know, black flapety things. Hmm, blind rats with tiny dragon wings. No that's not quite right either. Here, maybe if I spell it correctly: Bat.
    Oh and also, they make high pitch chirping sounds. (Not something you want to be awakened by).
    Hopefully that helps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, oh dear...
      I know what bats are. But I didn't know what they had in common with my post. If they were similar to something I explained or something. I was clearly not thinking when I wrote that reply...

      Delete
  2. Oh dear indeed!
    Hey, At least you know they're real.
    I understand your question now. (It makes more sense if you read it backwards) Bats are (---- pause for affect ----) very tricky to take pictures of as well.

    (P s, Three years ago I thought Elephants were fictional creatures) I was surprised to find out: Elephants are actually real! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bats are very real. I used to have som living in my wall. Noisy creatures, I like to be asleep at 4am!
      Had you never been to a zoo and seen an elephant?

      Delete
  3. Yes! That must have bean annoying!
    We used to have some living in our attic. And so when the door was left open, even a little. It would either be a knock on the door and being told to grab my fishing net, or "squeak,squeak, squeak, thwup, thwup, thwup, and waking up to see shadows fluttering around the room (even after you hit the light switch they look like shadows). Now even the slightest squeak bothers me. (Most chargers make a faint whining sound)

    Well no, The only zoo I remember going to is The: "Bramble park zoo" and they don't have Elephants.

    Nice typo catch by the way. :)
    Oh and beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!