Monday, June 12, 2017

A Welcome Promotion

(Picture from PhotoTuts)
    Yesterday, after six years of preparing and hoping, I was told that our church's Music Committee had decided that I will be put on the monthly rotation for church pianist. I greeted this news with joy, as you can imagine.
    I first accompanied the congregation when I was ten, and I will be the first to admit I probably should have waited until I had more skill. Sure, I could play all the notes and keep up with the congregation, but I think there's more to being a church pianist than that. I was told not too long ago "I think you've finally got the hang of accompanying the congregation!" Although these words made me happy,  I couldn't help but thinking "But it took me how many years to get here?!?!" I think it does depend on the person and how fast they develop as a pianist.
   Many thanks to those involved in the decision; I am truly grateful! :)

I should mention that for the past six years I have been a congregational accompanist for one hymn each Sunday, and now am being moved to accompany the morning worship service.

1 comment:

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!