Thursday, September 7, 2017

Officially a Violin Teacher, at the Age of 16

I realize this post is late, sorry about that. Yesterday was a hectic school day --- and I had not gotten very much sleep due to orchestra the previous night. So here's an old picture of me to bundle Throwback Thursday with my new miscellaneous Wednesday posts. 

I was eight here, I think, and this was after I outgrew my first teacher (in 6 months! eep) and was at the MacPhail School of Music in the Cities. My violin size here was 1/8,  but I started with 1/16. 
I'm officially a violin teacher!!! Woohoo! I'm actually really excited about it all. I like music and kids, why not have them together? My student is six, and I think he is going to do well. I taught my first lesson with him already, and it was pretty good for a first, but I probably will end up tweaking my plans and goals as we go along. He said that he likes playing, only it's hard because he doesn't know any songs. 😉So our first song is an A and B song, focusing on two notes. If he learns it well before our next lesson, we'll move on to a fun song called Walking in the Moonlight. 

Have I ever mentioned how much I love kids? 


See you all TOMORROW with Favorites for Friday! 

5 comments:

  1. Blessings Olivia, on your new adventure of being a violin teacher! Sounds fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Noelle! It certainly is an adventure for both of us! :)

      Delete
  2. What a cutie in the picture playing the violin. And am so glad that you like music and KIDS. I hope you have fun teaching your very first student.
    Granny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I am going to have a lot of fun, I think! Hopefully he does too!

      Delete
  3. Neat! I teach piano and love it. :) I'm sure you'll enjoy teaching...and it does take a lot of tweaking as you go. Most of my good ideas are created during the lesson and I just fly with it!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!