Friday, November 24, 2017

An attempt at Black Friday shopping: was it worth it?

Usually our family just stays home on Black Friday, but this year we went to the nearest little city, which is about an hour away. We had heard rumors about fast shopping, not a ton of people, and therefore not a lot of traffic. However, when we got to our first destination --- the mall --- it was packed and crazy noisy inside. We ducked in Herbergers, the home store, and Maurice's and saw some good deals, but they weren't worth the wait. The lines were terrible! Next I had to maneuver around the traffic (since I was driving), and find the gun shop. My Dad was looking for a few things, and I got to hold some hand-guns. My favorite was the M&P Shield. Then we ended up at Culver's for lunch. There were hardly any seats, but we managed to find just enough for the four of us. The customers that came in a few minutes later had to stand by the walls or get the food to go. Naturally it took a long time for our food to come.  After lunch we went to Goodwill, which had 50% off of pretty much everything. There were more and more people, but we got a few things. Waiting in line for a try-on room was the longest part. We stopped at Aldi before leaving town, and grabbed some stuff, nothing exciting. 
So, was it worth it? I drove two hours to eat Culver's, stand in line, drive around a crazy city, and buy a total of about four things (for me to use, anyway). I'm not sure I'd do it again, and some of the deals weren't very good. If you like crowds of people and driving around people who literally take corners on two wheels, then Black Friday shopping is for you! If not, stay home and enjoy the quiet peaceful life, unless you have a bunch of kids or cousins, in which case..... 😉

4 comments:

  1. We went to walmart Thursday afternoon. we had to park on the yellow lines which aren't technically parking spaces. It was MADNESS!
    I was tempted to shout out: "curse you consumerism" but I restrained myself.

    What did you get? If you don't mind my asking.

    "In which case..... Hold your breath until you turn invisible. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Walmart has a pretty big parking lot, too! Wow!

      Well, I got some new sweaters and skirts, which I will definitely put to use. A pair of ankle boots, too.

      Who is that quote by?

      Delete
    2. Erm well, it's not exactly a quote.
      Nevertheless, the dwarf who was always trying to turn invisible by holding his breath. (his name escapes me) From the chronicles of Prydain!

      Delete
  2. Olivia,
    So you had a taste of black Friday. I have never shopped the day after Thanksgiving, usually worked the day after, but after reading your blog and watching the news, I don't think I will start. I hope you are having a great time with your Grandpa. Andrea made it in last noc, so we will celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow. Have a great week. Love you, Gram

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!