Thursday, November 30, 2017

Some Favorite Quotes



Hello, friends! 

Melani, who blogs at reflectionsoftheheart.wordpress.com recently did a post with her favorite sayings and inspirational quotes, and I thought'd I'd share some of mine too. 

"Sometimes I wonder if more girls were willing to be ladies, more guys would feel challenged to be gentlemen." -anonymous 

"Your demeanor and clothing speak before you do. What do they say?" -anonymous 

"Character, like photographs, develop in darkness." -Yousuf Karsh


 "Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph." -Matt Hardy 

"Don't shine so others see you, shine so that through you people see God." -C.S. Lewis

"I should be sorry if I only entertained them with my music. I wish to make them better!" -Handel

"Time is a wonderful teacher, unfortunately it kills all its pupils." -Hector Berlioz

"If a composer could say with words what he meant, he would not bother trying to say it with his music." -Gustav Mahler

"Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memory."-unknown 

And finally, a quote from the great Leonard Bernstein... 

"Art never stopped a war or got anybody a job. Art cannot change events. But it can affect people so that they are enriched, ennobled, encouraged. They then can act in a way that may affect the course of events.... by the way they
behave, think, vote, and are."

What are your favorite quotes? I'd love to hear them!


3 comments:

  1. Ooh! I like the one by Hector Berlioz.

    Here's one I like but by no means the only one. (That list goes on and on.)
    “You can often change your circumstances by changing your atitude.” Elenore Roosevelt.

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do a post with (some of) your favorite quotes!

      Delete
  2. Yes!
    Actually, I stated one back in September. I haven't had "time" to take pictures for the quotes yet! There's a shred of irony there! You'll have to wait to find out I'm afraid!
    (or does irony come in veins?)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!