Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Life Update


Life has been quite busy, and I haven't been a particularly steady blogging schedule. . . you probably noticed. 

School: 
I am working on my second paper for the philosophy class my Dad is teaching. It's on Marxism, in case you're curious. College Algebra is going fairly smoothly, and it's actually kind of fun when I know how to do it! :) The other subjects aren't that interesting. . . not anything to shout from the rooftops.
I am all registered for two things this upcoming semester (as a PSEO student) at a state college nearby. My sister is taking the one class, in the humanities department, with me, and then I am on the wait list for piano lessons with one of the music professors. If someone drops out, then I am 1st in line to get in. 

Travel: My Mom and I leave a week from today for NH. I do enjoy flying, and for some reason, airport food. I don't know why, it's just good. The airport in Chicago has some more uncommon places, and of course in NH there is a Dunkin Donuts in the airport! :) We come home the day before my Mom's birthday, and I already have her gift and card wrapped and ready for when we get back. Then three days later, the college class starts. So the long two days a week start, and I am actually excited for more practice time. But I do know it will be an adjustment. Oh, and somewhere in there I take the driver's licence test. . . ! 

Church: Still so encouraging, as always. I love my church and the families that make it up. :) I am pianist for Childrens' Choir again this year, so practices are still weekly, though now that I think about it, our last one is this Friday already. And of course I'm still in the adult choir, on the rotation for pianist, and violinist the other weeks. We went caroling, which I always love too, although this year we didn't do the outside residential caroling, which kind of had me sad, but I stayed warmer that way for sure! :) 

Music: Again, I return to the lovely squeal-worthy subject --- MUSIC! :) The competition is in a MONTH! Only one month away!!! Eek. It's going to be a tough one again for sure, no doubt in my mind. Part of me has resigned to second place again, and the rest of me is still fighting for first. Sometimes I feel really confident, but, as we all know, pride goeth before a fall, and so usually the next day I am glum and uncertain. Other than that, I am working on shifting with the first finger up and down two octaves on one string.  .  . 
Orchestra is on break right now, but starts again when school does. I miss it. 

Photography: Not gotten out much with my camera. I need ideas on what to take pictures of! I did do some designing, and we have a printer that can print color. I can't give too many details until after Mom's birthday! :) 

Blogging: I do have a really long post coming. . . about college. I did add the art tab, which was new and fun, and now I can add other drawings to it, which has motivated me to draw more. Other than that, I am not having much inspiration to post much. I almost posted a no-fail recipe today. Maybe some other time? 

Christmas events: Since Mom and I leave just two days after Christmas, we're not doing anything huge and big this year. But that's okay, I don't mind.

I think that about covers it! Did I leave out anything you were wanting to know about? 

5 comments:

  1. Wait, you actually like riding around in a "giant, flying, pressurized, toothpaste tube"?

    I'd suggest sitting in the lawn for ten minutes and taking pictures of whatever catches your eye but considering it's winter, you might not want to try that just yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you put it like that it doesn't sound fun, but really, the views are amazing out a plane window! And the sunsets! And the tops of poofy clouds! It's breathtaking! And flying over lakes and trees and towns! Taking off and landing is fun, but not everyone enjoys that.

      I need to get out and take winter pictures, . . But yes, it's cold and I don't want to be out in that ... I need an indoor challenge.

      Delete
    2. The way you talk about flying sounds much more appealing then how Caleb put it.
      Oddly, I've always liked the idea of piloting a biplane rather than riding in a airliner.

      Hmm,*scratches head* ... An indoor challenge!

      Delete
    3. What, you don't think it'd be fun to sit in the snowbank for ten minutes till you're frozen to the ground? Where's your sense of adventure?

      You should write more posts about orchestra --- maybe you could try your hand at taking a turn with the "funny incidents from rehearsal category" one of these days, instead of me.

      *coughs and vanishes in a flurry of tissues*

      https://ofdreamsandswords.wordpress.com

      Delete
  2. Her sense of adventure probably caught the "plague".

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!