Saturday, January 6, 2018

Home Sweet Home



I'm HOME! It's amazing. And my furry friends were happy to see me again, not to mention my not-so-furry sister. :) 

Our flights going and coming were mostly uneventful. I had a fever going, and I learned that flying is much more enjoyable when you're not sick. However, I did get a window seat for the longer flight, so that was nice. Coming home, on the first flight, we were on the runway and speeding up, and then the captain hit the brakes and we stopped rather suddenly, which is not what you're expecting. We had to go back to the gate because a door light came on, probably meaning that one of them was open a crack. So they had to write up a ticket and call the mechanic, and then we got in the air, finally. Thankfully it didn't delay us so much that we lost our connection! We didn't have much time in Midway, but that's okay with me --- it's such a busy airport. 

When we finally got our own truck packed up and headed West, we grabbed some Hot Cocoa and snacks at the edge-of-the-Cities Kwik Trip, and drove home. It was so nice to sleep in my own bed again, rather than on an air mattress that was flat every morning. :P

Now that we're home, it's time to unpack and get back in the groove, just in time for classes to start Monday, and I'm at the college Tuesdays and Thursdays. Here we go! 

Have you ever been on an airplane? Do you like flying?








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!