Saturday, January 13, 2018

I Will Never Perform in Church


   Hi guys! Thank you for the 20+ views on my latest post! It's so encouraging to see the stats. :) I hope you like what you're reading!

   I suppose you wonder why I am even writing this post? Well, a friend was speaking of another friend about how said friend always used church services to show off; to give a mini recital. Something about this really bothered me, so I've been hashing it out in my head, and finally decided to write about it. What are your thoughts on the subject? I'm curious. 😊

   I must make a distinction between performing and playing for the church. Yes, both require careful technique and effort, both definitely should reflect God and not focus merely on the musician doing it. But there is an element of care for the music itself and abilities of the musician in performing that I do NOT want to show up in a church service. I will only accompany, support, and work alongside the other musicians and the congregation in the church, and I don't want it to be a soloistic thing. 

Soli Deo Gloria! 


2 comments:

  1. The most important thing to remember when playing an instrument for church is that you are doing it for the Lord. I want my music polished so it isn't a distraction, but we are all human and capable of error. Doing our best for the Lord with the correct heart attitude matters most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I completely agree!

      Thanks so much for commenting, Kristin! Have a great day! 😊

      Delete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!