Monday, January 29, 2018

How I Use a Planner for School



Someone gave me a weekly planner this year, and I'm mostly adjusted to using it now. :) Anyway, I thought I'd share how I use it without getting carried away with planning the future (which has its problems).

Thankfully it's a weekly one, and not a daily-in-half-hour-segments one. It takes too long planning like that and I don't know exactly what's going to change or happen every half hour, since I'm not God, you know! 😉
Tuesday and Thursdays are my busiest days, and it's helpful to have a general idea of the day sketched out!

On the section under the picture, I've been putting Scripture verses I find encouraging! 


It's already helping me feel organized and put together! I can see this becoming really foundational for my schedule! Plus then if someone asks if I'm available at such and such a time, I can reference the planner and have a clear answer --- rather than being like "Um, well, I should do school and such and such this afternoon, but I don't know how long that will take, so let's see, should I come at 3? If I'm not free at 3 then I'll let you know." It gets chaotic that way, and you're not as reliable.

Have you ever used a planner? 

4 comments:

  1. I did love my planner when I had busy days, that way I could tell whether or not it was a crockpot meal sort of day . And yeah you don't really need a half hour sort unless you're rushing between appointments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Except I don't need to plan meals quite yet, but I can definitely see that being another helpful use. :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Olivia. Have been sitting here thinking about you being born 17 yrs ago today and all that has happened in your life since. You have a blessed life. Hope you have a wonderful birthday..Love you very much.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!