Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Goodbye 16, Hello 17!

If I could only use one word to describe my 16th year it would be . . . the word CHALLENGING! In good ways and in difficult ones. 

Music: My teachers have pushed me -- not quite to the limits -- but close, and I love it. Now I love it, anyway! It's not so fun when I'm in the process of learning it all! :) Orchestra has been a great help to me technically and physically. I love the people who make it up and the way we can serve the community. I look forward to another year with my teachers and orchestra friends! 

Life: My grandma died shortly before my 16th birthday, so we didn't really have the energy or time to celebrate my sweet 16th, which was fine with me at the time, but now I kind of wish I had done a recital or something. Maybe when I turn 18?  I attended the Southwest Minnesota String Festival again, and completely wore myself out, but still learned TONS! I competed and won 2nd prize. I also had to put my horse down. I still miss her, but I have so much more freedom now. AND I got my drivers' license! :) 

Reading: One of the greatest books I read when I was 16 was The Edge on the Sword, and also the Wingfeather Saga. If you haven't read them I strongly encourage it! I also kept up with some resources regarding being a young Christian lady and living a godly life. 

While I'm 17, I hope to: 

Visit the nursing homes more and bring more smiles to the elderly!

Get my first real job! 

Be even more (it's definitely possible) joyful! 

To serve much more, and to find more ways to do it!


Anything you think is obvious I should add the list? 

And no, it doesn't feel any different to be 17. :) 

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Olivia!Your resolution to visit nurseing homes is a good one . The Elderly get real lonely and often have really interesting stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I already do visit the nursing homes to play music for them, but I want to go more often. And yes, they do have stories to tell! :)

      Delete
  2. You really have had a very busy year! Good and not so good in it. But, I see a young lady with a beautiful spirit. I am anxious to see what this year holds for you. Keep smiling. I love you.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!