Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Adventures


Well, friends, it's been a while. A month, to be precise. . .

Dad and I just got back last night from a college visit. It went really well and I do like the college. We left on Saturday, got to the hotel at around 7pm I think, and went and grabbed some Culvers for supper. Then we went to find the church so we knew where it was. We did find it, and it was only a literal five minutes from the hotel, so that was nice.

Sunday morning we found out what "home-style" breakfast was at the hotel, and then got ready for church. The church was good, it could have been better, it could have been worse. They were having an unusual service that day, so in some respects it was hard to see what the church was really like. After the service we had some Mexican food (part of what made the service unusual was the Mexican families --- the mother of one man had made all the Mexican food for lunch). I had never had Mexican food before so I had to learn how to eat it. They had a tea --- hibiscus flowers made into a tea --- it was sweet and almost sticky. It was good though. Anyway, after church we went to the local grocer and got some supplies so we didn't have to eat out for every meal. Then we went back to the hotel and I finished reading my book and Dad rested. Then we attended the evening service at the same church, and ate supper.

Monday morning we headed over to the college and from 9am-2pm I attended classes (Graphic design II and Fantasy Fiction), had a meal at the cafeteria with a violist student who takes lessons with my teacher, and met professors. It was really great and so different from the last time I visited which was a hurried rush and go here and do this thing, so I really didn't get to enjoy it as much as this time. After that we went to a nearby state school so Dad could say hello to his co-workers and friends over there. Then it really started to blizzard, so we made our way back to the hotel. We got cozy and ended up watching The Princess Bride in the evening. 

Tuesday, yesterday, I had one more class to attend at the college, so I did that, and then we went and checked out of the hotel and checked the road conditions. They looked decent, so we grabbed some Caribou and headed home. The roads were patchy. We got home around 5pm. 

It's good to be home. 




2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home safe and sound. I am sure Figaro was so happy to see you too. Enjoy the rest of your week and tell Mom and Sophia "Hello" for me.
    Love you,
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Culvers and Princess Bride. It sounds amazing. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!