Saturday, March 10, 2018

Thoughts on Makeup


Sorry if you don't think this topic is interesting. . . but bear with me please! 🙂

I've worn powder on my face since I was about fourteen --- I have oily skin, so the powder helps control the oil. I think the powder is barely tinted, but it's not clown white. When I turned sixteen Mom and I talked briefly about makeup but it never got anywhere, and I wasn't overly interested. Mom wears makeup but it's all natural stuff and all powders, so her look is really natural. She has face powder and blush. She tried eye shadow two or so years ago and it bothered her eyes. She's not worn any concealer, contour, lipsticks,  mascara or eyebrow stuff for a very long time (college days --- and even then I don't know if she did anything with concealer, contour, or eyebrows). Anyway, I think her choices have influenced me about what makeup is for and how to use it. 

For the girly girl who likes her sparkle like me, it's easy to go overboard with other things in life, so now that I am branching out on this limb (ha!), I'm being very careful about how I do things. I think everything makeup should be done tastefully, simply, and naturally. No hot pink or black lips for me! No bruised eyes (okay be honest, some smoky eyes look bruised)! But keep in mind that a girl can wear natural makeup and not be beautiful and modest --- because those come from the inside. And I don't need to wear it. I don't want to become "addicted" in a sense to it. I want to be able to comfortably walk out of the house without it and be myself. Makeup should not define me. 

Yesterday I got my first real makeup item --- an Almay rose gold eye shadow quad. It's really pretty, light and delicate. I haven't experimented with it yet, but it goes really well with my skin. There's a slightly darker matte, a metallic, a satin, and a glitter. I am excited to try it. I hope I can wear it tastefully and subtly. 

Wow, I actually posted twice this week! (hint: it's called spring break 😉)






4 comments:

  1. Olivia. Sounds to me like you are approaching make up correctly. It should compliment what God already gave you, enhance what you naturally have. Enjoy and have fun with it! I saw your picture, it does look very nice too.
    Love you,
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Limbing out on the branch" doesn't quite have the same affect. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!