Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Life


I haven't been sharing much with you all lately, sorry! It's been rather stressful but in a boring sort of way (if that makes any sense!!). 

Work:
I've been working every
Friday and Saturday, which has been good for the bank. Plus, now that I'm 18 I have some new privileges like using the bun slicer (which is super nice---I don't have to wait around for someone to help me get orders done) or running the till! I've found I'm bad at remembering things like what gets taxed but good at making change. It's more fun to work there a few days a week, because then I still enjoy it and it doesn't grind on me like working every day did. . . but, I know there are pitfalls to just a few days a week too. 

Music:
Orchestra has started back up, this time with our guest conductor for the semester. We have one and only one concert planned, and it's on a Saturday night of all nights! We're performing Dvorak's 8th Symphony (all movements---about 40 minutes of solid playing and counting! 😧) and Sibelius' Finlandia, and Mozart's Overture to the Abduction from the Seraglio. The Dvorak is definitely a challenge for me, not only with the notes and timing but the emotional swinging and phrasing. 

Other than that, I'm planning my Senior Recital. . . eek! I have all the music picked out except one violin piece --- I'm not sure if I want an ensemble or a solo sonata or what . . . 

College? 

I did get the scholarship I auditioned for! I haven't received the big financial aid package yet, but every little bit helps. 

How are you all doing? 




6 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to hear you got the scholarship! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abduction *from the* Seraglio. A seraglio is a place. It's hard to abduct places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia,
    Congrats on the scholarship!!! Your hard work paid off. Praying the financial aid package is better than you hoped for.
    Love you lots,

    Gram

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!