Monday, March 13, 2017

The Book of Knowledge: On Italy

      After the fall of the Roman Empire Italy was quite damaged and paralyzed. It took Italy about  fifteen hundred years to unite and be free.                                                                                               
       The gardens, orchards, and general vegetation in Italy are amazing. My great grandmother (on my Grandpa's side) was Italian, and she had gardens. Big gardens. Her plants were always huge and thriving. My great-grandpa had grapevines, and they got taller than they were supposed to be. I think Italians always love food, whether it's in the garden and raw, or cooked all day long. Maybe that love of abundant food came out of what happened when Rome fell. 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are certainly not the first person to see that picture and ask that! :)
      It's alfalfa in bloom. We have it scattered around the property, and it's really quite pretty. I have another picture of it, and I'll go add it to the post as well.

      Delete
  2. Wait a minute I have seen these flowers before! I've made bouquets of them, at the time I had no idea that they were alfalfa. Only problem is They only last a day or so. Also, cool pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They wilt and fall apart super fast :(.

      Delete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!