Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Marshall Area SCA Fighter's Practice

(Wynnie)   
 My sister is very much into the SCA , and I go along to events and make friends and take pictures. The most recent dipping into Northshield was an area fighter's practice. While not an official event, most of us were in garb. I was able to get some good pictures, which in my book is always a good thing. :)
This practice was at a local library, held outdoors of course. We got the attention of several passerby. 
Quite the anachronism here, with mundane transportation in the background.
It was hot, but thankfully there was a breeze.
Let the fighting begin! 








I really love this one! 
 One of the fighters asked for a picture for his FaceBook page, and I happily took one for him.
My sister this while was spinning wool....
And then we went and made coins!
This next picture is one end of the dies, with King Sven (also spelled Swein) Forkbeard.
My pal for the afternoon, Roscoe
This is the inscription on a friend's longbow. 
Then a friend took pictures of my sister and me.




On a fun note, ordinarily I would arrange my hair in two braids, then  wrap them in red ribbons, a period hairstyle for me. However, I recently got my 27 inch hair cut, so long braids were not an option this time. It was the first time I've tried a veil with this particular outfit but I liked the way it turned out.
 And that wraps up the pictures! Which was your favorite one? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!