Saturday, July 1, 2017

Sewing Projects

(My sister and me, a very long time ago, with kittens.)
I thought I should write down what all I've sewn so I can keep track, and what better place to do that than here? I only started sewing last fall.
My first sewing project was my garb for the SCA. I did a cream chemise first, to get the hang of sewing, and then tackled the red bliaut and its tricky sleeves of doom. I do like the way they turned out, although I admit the sewing could be better. I have matching ribbons for a period hair style, and a belt bag as well.
 
The next project was a very difficult one. I attempted a fitted mundane dress for myself. The princess seams seemed (pun intended) to be the straw that broke the camel's back, but I finally did finish the dress with a lot of help from a friend and my mother. I also had problems with the sleeves, but I figured out a way to fix them so it looked like it was on purpose. I have worn it twice, and before I wear it again I will add some wide lace to the bottom for some added length. I've already grown since I made it.... !

Next up were two matching dresses for sisters I know. These dresses were so fun to make, and I really like the way they turned out! They did too ;)
Then I made my Mom an apron. She does wear it every day, so I'll probably have to make her a new one in the future. 

After that I took a brief break, before tackling a dress for my sister. I do not have very good pictures of it. Anyway, it was out of my head, no printed pattern or anything. I think I could have done better, but oh well. 

After that I whipped out a jean skirt for some of the leftover denim from Mom's apron.
Next up was a baby dress. Very simple and easy.
After that I took another brief break. Then I stumbled across a sweet 3T dress pattern. So naturally....
(and sorry the pictures are not good) The dress has a pearl button closure, which turned out adorable, but braiding the embroidery thread for the loop was tedious. 

My most recent project then, was..... can you guess by now? Two matching dresses. The fabric was on sale for $1 a yard, ahem. :)

And next I am sewing a bunch of Romeo and Juliet costumes. I don't know how many, but probably between five and ten. That will keep my busy, for sure! My hope is to have them all done by a week from today. 
So that's that. Thanks for reading to the bottom! Which project was your favorite? 
Later!






1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing the different things you have sown! The dress you made for yourself is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!