Sunday, November 25, 2018

"I wish you were here"

    A year ago I got this message from Levi: "I wish you were here this week." It was his family's annual get-together, which means about 60 people cramming into three houses for days of laughter, conversation, food, and lots and lots of noise. But good times, nonetheless. Last year they had planned a paintball fight between the cousins (his nephews and nieces) but the girls backed out last minute, being sensible creatures. I was one of the friends that had convinced them to do it at all in the first place. Anyway, the incident stuck with me, and this past week, as his family got together again, I couldn't help but remember the message. 

I wish you were here this week, too, Levi. 


*Not all is glum and sad for us. We have our Hope, and we will see Levi again, no matter what.

2 comments:

  1. Aye, we will, we will see him again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's what keeps us going! That, and, more importantly, we'll see our Savior. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!