Monday, February 25, 2019


The winter is still screaming and whistling outside...
which means it’s a perfect time to be cozy inside! I just tried a new warm drink recipe and it’s sooooo good. It’s like drinking a warm custard.

Along with my new favorite drink, some exploration of my new drawing book is happening. I got the Canson mixed media drawing pad, and it is really nice, although different from what I used to use (printer paper...eek! 🤫). It has a texture, it’s not all smooth. So far blending has been a dream, but that means that pencil does smear some. The sharpie does run through the texture a little bit more than I hoped for, so I ended up not using it. Here’s a sneak peak of what’s I’ve been doing...any guesses what it is?

Here’s the recipe for the drink, in case you want to experience this lovely concoction. I definitely recommend it. Note: I got the inspiration for this recipe here)

1 mug warm milk
1 tbsp original malt powder*
1/2 tbsp brown sugar
Dash cloves 
(I like cloves so I may have put a little more in than the other spices.)
Dash cinnamon 
Dash nutmeg

*The malt powder is essential. While you may not have it in your kitchen as a staple, it’s great to have... and not that expensive. I add it to hot cocoa, just because it adds a little something. My dad likes it in his coffee too. 

😳 I realized I don’t have any music on right now. I should definitely fix this. How about something like John Dowland’s collection for lute? 

How do you like to spend cozy days? 





2 comments:

  1. Olivia,
    Yes, winter is still screaming. I am so anxious for warm, dry weather. I like your new picture, very pretty.
    Your Dad mentioned patience to me regarding the weather, I had to laugh, one of my biggest faults is....no patience.
    Soon we will be rejoicing in true Spring weather. Hang in there. Love to All.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma, before we know it this winter will be history. :) Enjoy the sunshine!

      Delete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!