Monday, April 15, 2019

Why I am going to college, Part 2

This isn't so much about why, as in how it's all working. But I had to keep with the theme, ya know. 😉 Oh, and I got this posting idea from Victoria Lynn's blog. 




Interests

   I have always known what I wanted to pursue as far as schooling went. Never was there a doubt in my mind, even when others told me I should consider something else. Music has always been my passion, and it's the one thing I've been consistent about---never losing it, never wanted to stop listening to it---it's part of me, in a way. As for my minor, I have a few ideas. I'll either do art in general or graphic design. I like the drawing and creating areas too, and the college I'm going to has a book-binding class and pottery, drawing, painting. 

Money

   We all know college costs a lot, right? It's surprising, once you start looking. The good music schools that I was looking at were all far out of my parents' price range. Then I found my dream college. But it was really expensive. Not as high as the other schools, but way higher than what my parents had budgeted. My dad always said "if you're meant to go, the Lord will provide. It may not look possible, but something will happen." And you know what? Something did happen. And I am going there. Debt-free. 

Experience

   Most people complain of the immature behavior at college, and while that is a legitimate reason, some colleges are worse than others. Since I'll be attending a private conservative college, I'm not too worried. There are partiers anywhere, but I can avoid them. The thing I am not looking forward to is the swearing, because I know that's bound to happen. 


Time

   Time. Time to go, time to stay home, time to learn, time to forget. There's a time for everything, right? This in-between-child-and-adult seems the best time to go and fledge from the nest, doesn't it? And our brains are ready to learn and capable of remembering. Of course, a prominent argument for staying home is that you're at your prime---to get married and have children---soo why waste those years holed up reading textbooks and writing papers? 

Any questions? :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!