Friday, May 19, 2017

SBS: Dream of Jade: The Emperor's Cat by Lloyd Alexander

(Again, not my picture)

    In our house the name Lloyd Alexander is linked with good books; children's books that are good for grown-ups too! Dream of Jade: The Emperor's Cat, by Lloyd Alexander is a charming book, with a cat. But it's not just any cat. Dream-of-Jade talks, and the Emperor is the only one who listens. All the others scoff and make fun of her. This book has a great theme, which doesn't smack you in the face like some other books. It's subtle and enjoyable to read out loud. :) The illustrations are dreamy and soft, yet pay attention to details. They are like Dream-of-Jade's voice. I wonder if that's a coincidence? 

Have you read Dream-of-Jade?

On another note, Blogger Stats says I finally got one view on my The Edge on the Sword  and Pendragon's Heir posts, and the same on my Mr Bliss post. So if you are new to my blog, do go read them please! If you don't like this sort of post, please comment and say why. You could comment anyway, even if you don't have a problem too :) 

5 comments:

  1. Since your stats aren't very accurate. There's only one thing to do. BLAME THE BUTLER! :)

    I haven't read "Dream of Jade" but now I really want to!
    Do you know if the library has it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I don't know. I'd lend it to you except Sophia and I are taking it with us tomorrow. . .
      Nice Studio C reference! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I will bring it Sunday if you'd still like to read it.
      Also, did you get Dewey back?

      Delete
  3. Yes, I would still like to read it. Thanks for offering!
    And yes, I did get Dewey back.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please keep them clean and respectful of God and man!